Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Saga Continues....

Well, guess what? The story of the pool doesn't end, yet! Brace yourselves:)

The night of the pool installation, the installers used a Bobcat to dig and level out the ground. Well, they couldn't get into our backyard unless they went through our neighbor's yard, the neighbor who is 90+ years old and lives in a nursing home. The house is empty, with my neighbor's children checking in from time to time.

Dennis gave the OK for them to go through the neighbor's yard into our yard. Needless to say, the Bobcat somewhat tore up the neighbor's yard. The grass is flattened, there was dried mud on the grass, and there is some flattening of the ground where the Bobcat was spinning out.

Since Dennis has been gone all week, I've been doing little things to repair the grass, with the help of Angela's brother, Ken. We raked the dried mud and raked the grass to help with the flattening, but there is still worked that needs to be done to repair it.

Today, I received a "nice" email from my neighbor's son about how shocked he was to see the back yard and wanting to make sure that we were going to repair the damage to the grass and level out the ground where the Bobcat flattened it. "He doesn't want to sound b*****, because we have done so much for him and his mother." AARGH!!

These are the same people whom we shoveled their driveway, mowed their grass, cooked food for their mother, carried heavy appliances out of the house, etc. all without any reimbursement expected. Nice neighborly thing to do, right!! Just give me a hole to crawl into!!

So, the story goes, the pool is adding so much joy to our lives, thus far! And on a side note, the leaky filter was a cracked hose. Still waiting to get that fixed:)

18 comments:

Jill said...

You will soon reep the rewards of hard work!!
Count to ten and start again!

Dawn said...

Oh man, that bites. Kind of nervy if you ask me after all the nice things you do for them. How are you going to reply?

Amy said...

Jill,
I hope we do eventually start enjoying the pool! We need some nice weather, too!

Dawn,
I was upset mostly because he obviously doesn't know what kind of people we are if he felt we wouldn't take care of the damage we did. That is what bothered me the most. I wrote a email back explaining the situation, (Dennis was gone, we didn't know we would have to go through his yard, etc). Haven't heard back from him.

Lisa said...

i hope u can have fun in the new pool mrs. bojo. That was from shane. I hope you get things squared away with the guy. Like he cant tell that you are working on it. You will soon be able to enjoy the pool and relax

Dawn said...

Amy - Well the bitter grudge holder over reactor inside of me would just say "we were planning on fixing it moron! and when we're done you can forget about us mowing the lawn, shoveling the snow, and bringing food ever again! HMMPH!" Nah, you know I wouldn't say it but would think it. It's a character flaw that I need to work on. ;)

Hope he's reasonable.

Jill said...

Dawn I thought the same thing I was afraid to say it!! (LOL)

Dawn said...

Thanks for the support Nerda! Your count to ten start again probably saves a lot of fur from flying. ;)

Amy said...

Thanks girls and Shane for your encouragement and support.

Believe me, I felt just the same things and more. Once I calmed down, I wrote the letter and nicely put those negative feelings into it.

Dennis liked my letter, he said, "Wow, you did a great job saying everything that needed to be said." So hopefully I got my point across!

Amy said...

Hey Dawn, (Nerda #2)
Did you see my site counter? Better be watching!!! 1,000 is coming soon!:)

Dawn said...

Amy - (Nerda #3) Ooh 1000! Woo woo! I just was hitter 992. Betcha you've hit 1000 by morning. We'll see. I'm not even going to cheat and refresh 8 times. ;) I'm going to bed.

BTW - Lisa Cameron is having a wonderful summer and was interested in a Bingo date and also would like to plan something to do as a group for Gabbie's 50th and was also thinking we should do a private shower for Kristine. She mentioned "nighties" Aye carumba! LOL Anyhoo, should be fun. She was full of great ideas. :) I didn't get to talk with her about your conference. ;)

Dawn said...

Well crikey! #993 ;)

Amy said...

She was full of good ideas!! You know I'm game for anything!

I'm 994:)

Jill said...

Amy thats cheating you need to make it so it does not count your computer as a hit to your site.

Jill said...

I forgot #999!!!

Amy said...

Oh,Oh,Oh, Sorry guys, I'm 1,000!!Did do it on purpose:)

Amy said...

Didn't

Dawn said...

LOL you were your own 1000th visitor. hehe.

Julie said...

This is 1018 visitor: nothing special I guess. You guys are just too much!
We do need to do something special for the 50th birthday. She is making such a big deal out of it. She'll be back before we know it.
Sorry to hear about all the problems with the neighbor's son. You know who you are and what you've done - don't let him get to you.