Monday, July 21, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust.....

Yesterday, my softball team had our tournaments. We were moved up a division being that we were 5-2, so I was nervous about our chances of winning. Also, our neighbors had their annual party, which meant a really, really late night and alcohol for three of our players, one being my husband.

Needless to say, it was an interesting game. We got behind in the beginning of the game, which surely couldn't have been caused by the following: the lopsided ball, the other team's deceiving line up, no numbers on their jerseys, the other team also trying to add a different player during the middle of the game, Sniper Bob yelling at our score keeper, and the umpire chaning his calls, which was their winning run!

Going into the seventh inning we were down, 7-4 and we were at the bottom of our line-up. It was time for a RALLY!!! Jill and I had made the decision at the beginning of the game to space out our good hitters, with several towards the end of the line-up. Well, the end of the line-up came through and we all got base hits and scored two runs. We had two outs, one player on third and at the top of our line-up. Our fingers were crossed, but unfortunately, it was a pop-fly hit to third base, GAME OVER!!

Everyone did a good job, we had fun and that is what is important!!! As the saying goes, there is always next year or more importantly, fall ball!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Amy, disappointing game, but at least I think we all had fun. You and Jill did a great job on the lineup. Looking forward to fall ball as well. Hey, who is the night owl now?

Amy said...

I know, I know! I woke up at 2 am and couldn't fall back to sleep!

I laid in bed for 2 hours before I finally got up and watched some movies and then got on the computer!

It was disappointing that we didn't win, being we were one run from tying them!

Dawn said...

Boy oh boy! I heard all about the craziness! It seems like if the team does well in the season it tanks in the tourney, if it tanks in the season it does well in the tourney. Sounds like you fought a losing battle before the game even started. What a bunch of bologna.

Cheers to fall ball!

Jill said...

It was a great game, I like the close ones. I like them better when we win!

Fall ball here we come.

Amy said...

You must of been exhausted Saturday, Jill! How many games did you play?

It would have served them right, had we come back and won, but oh well! Next time!