Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Best Fisherwoman in the World

My dad called to see if the kids wanted to go fishing in the Bay yesterday and Lauren said, "Yeah!" Emily was at her cousin's house and they didn't want to go. So, it was perfect bonding time for the first born grandchild with her grandpa. She was so excited, I didn't know she liked to fish so much. She certainly doesn't get her fishing ambition from me!!

They were gone all day, left at 10 a.m. and Lauren didn't get home until 11:30 p.m. My dad said Lauren had a great time with her second or third, (not sure exactly what)cousins, Logan and Hunter, who we often spend time with in the summer. They fished, with Lauren catching the BIGGEST walleye of all them. Everone was holding it and taking their pictures with it. Lauren, Logan, and Hunter also swam in the freezing cold waters of the Bay!!! Finally, Lauren drove the boat all the way back to the Yacht Club. She had a great time and loved spending time with my dad, alone! Below are pictures of her with my dad and her fish and then her driving the boat home. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Jill said...

What a great pic of Lauren driving the boat.
Logan and Hunter Gatza??? We played hockey with them for a few years.

Tiffany wants to know how Logan is doing?

Dawn said...

That is a beautiful pic of Lauren and the sunset. You and Dennis create beautiful children!

I'm glad she had a good time. Great pic of the humungo walleye too. Do they eat the fish they catch?

BTW - Guess who I saw today at the public skate in Bay City? :)

Amy said...

Jill,
That is a nice pictures of Lauren, huh! Yes, Logan and Hunter:) Logan is good, his mouth looks probably as good as it is going to get. It is still red in the corner, but good.

Dawn,
Thanks, I think my kids are beautiful, too:) They ended up giving the walleye to Hunter and Logan because my dad has a ton of walleye in his freezer.

Who did you see? Logan and Hunter?

Dawn said...

No! I saw the Cameron's! It was so good to see Lisa! Kristine is the only one I haven't seen now.

Amy said...

That's cool! How is she doing? I haven't seen her since our PD day in June.