Friday, July 18, 2008

Little bit of this, little bit of that.......

Well, it's been one week since we have finally been able to swim in our pool! We have the perfect spot for a pool because our backyard receives full sunlight for most of the day. The pool temperature stays mostly around 78 degrees without a solar cover!

Both Lauren and Emily have been enjoying the pool, and inviting friends over, as well! We swim daily and enjoying the refreshing dip!




In other news, Lauren has completed one week of driver's education classes. She has driven on the road twice this week, with today being the second day. She said the first time she drove, "It was easy." Today, she was asked to drive in more populated areas, merge with traffic, change lanes, etc. and she said, "Today was more stressful, Mom, I don't think I did well today." So, we'll see. I dread the day when I have to start driving with her, being it is coming Monday!! She will get her pink slip, which allows her to drive with me. I could handle it, if I only had that emergency break on my side of the car as well!

Emily, left unexpectedly today for Chicago. Her best friend was going to Chicago for a dance competition; when her mom brought Emily home from a sleepover she asked if Emily could come with them. Aargh! I had to back for 5 days, as she won't be home until Wednesday, and pull everything together in 15 minutes. I hope she has fun and enjoys herself. I will miss her, but I think I might surprise her and paint her room while she is gone, we'll see.

As for Dennis, he keeps himself busy doing this and that for the pool. Building a solar cover holder, vacuuming the pool, swimming, etc. It think he is enjoying the pool, as well. I finally got him to put down some mulch today in our landscaping, which I have asking for him to do all summer. Yeah! Today, I reminded him that his last summer project was to wash the outside of the house!! It needs it really bad, so hopefully he can get to it.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Look at that crystal clear pool!! See, good things come to those who wait. Glad you are all enjoying it!

Emily went to Chicago! That is awesome. You have one secure kid. Tommy would have been like "no way Jose!"

Lisa said...

what an awesome pool Amy. I am glad all has worked out and everyone is having fun. Lots of fun for emily in chicago. What a fun city. did everything work out with the neighbor whos yard the bobcat was in?

Amy said...

Lisa and Dawn,
The pool does look good, you all with have to come swim sometime!!

Both of my girls have always been okay with spending nights away from home.

I hope Emily has fun in Chicago, she called last night at midnight! Scared the crap out of me!! She forgot to call when they got there, so she wanted to call and let me know they were there:)

The grass is growing back good, I think things are looking good. Thanks for asking, Lisa!

BTW-Lisa are you a night owl?

Jill said...

I've been waiting for pool pics! Looks nice, glad everyone is enjoying summer!

Amy said...

Thanks, Jill! You guys will have to come and swim!!