Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Fourth at the Yacht Club

My dad has been a member of the Bay City Yacht Club since I was in high school and I've always enjoyed spending time out on the boat with family. Every year we go out on the boat for the Bay City fireworks. We always have great seats, just yards away from where they are shot off from. This year was no different, except Dennis got called away for work to Detroit, which he hated. He did make it back in time to head out with us to the fireworks.

We spent a nice relaxing day at the Yacht Club with my parents and many extended family. We had a cook out and played some bean bag toss and then we all piled into our boats for the trip to our "spot", which takes about an hour to. We pulled into our spot with 30 minutes until show time. I have to say, the Bay City fireworks are definitely worth seeing, we really enjoyed the show!


P.S. The pool guys came yesterday and finally installed the hose to fix the filter, and..... Dennis noticed today that it still leaks:) It is a very small leak, but I guess it shouldn't leak one drop. So, we'll see!

Also, my electrician came by last week to look at what we wanted and give me an estimate. After giving me the estimate, he said he would be over Monday and work all day to do the job. Monday came and went, no electrician. Aargh!

I can't seem to win with this pool! I called my dad to get some names of electrician and one came over today to see what we needed, he said he would call tonight or tomorrow with an estimate. Then, later in the day, one of my student's parents called me and we got to talking, well low and behold, the dad does electrical work!! Yeah, he came over later in the day and will be coming tomorrow morning to start working on the pool circuit!!! Finally, we might get this pool operational;)

4 comments:

Jill said...

It looks like you guys had great seats!! Love the family pic!

Tat pool it really should not have been this much work, but once you start enjoying it, it will be worth it.
See you Sunday!
BTW Joe's blog????
He is so smart sounding, I wounder where we come in to the picture!?

Dawn said...

Sounds like the pool deal is finally heading in the right direction. Yay!

I'm glad you had a nice 4th. It must be cool to have a boat in the family. ;)

BTW, I saw your BIL's pic in the paper tonight.

Amy said...

Jill,
Thanks, we did have good seats and sore butts for sitting soo long on a hard surface;)

Yeah, Joe's blog - Wow, such complicated language and info, no way I could ever feel remotely computer savy reading that!!

Dawn,
The boat is nice! My dad is teaching Lauren how to drive, someone to take over for him. He never taught his three daughters, go figure?

Hopefully, the pool will start to come together today:) The kids are waiting so patiently.

Also, Dennis noticed Bob's picture in the paper, so I called Lisa and they didn't know.

Dawn said...

I had a dream last night that you have been swimming in your pool since Wednesday and my cousin was bugging you to come over. Weird, eh? So have you been able to swim yet?