Friday, June 6, 2008

OMG, It Is Sooo Hot!!

Wow, the heat is scorching! I've forgotten how hot it gets down here! We spent the day at the pool yesterday at the Nickelodeon Hotel in Orlando. For anyone visiting Orlando, I would recommend this hotel and the experience.

The hotel has two main pools with various slides and water gadgets. Lauren and Emily both enjoyed themselves, with Emily even going outside her comfort zone and going on the water slides. It is the first time she has ever done that, believe me I've begged, threatened, and pleaded. She said it was because the slides were open on the top:) The hotel staff even played games with the kids and adults by the pool. Many of these games involved ICE water, SLIME, or other various gross liquids. Speaking of gross liquids, the hotel has a mass slime event everyday, which both girls enjoyed, as well.

After swimming for most of the day, we washed and fixed ourselves up to have dinner, which was delicious. Next, the girls played in the game room and we also watched several Nick movies that were 4D. The attendent girl explained that 4D was the bubbles, smells, water, and various other elements. It was alot of fun!! Finally, we ended our day at "Club Slime". This was one big club event, with: slime pretzels, drinks, pudding, hair, pictures, and dancing. We all got to learn to do the "slime slide" and put together a "slime puzzle". It was a great way to end the day!!

Tomorrow the girls are planning on going fishing with Dennis and his dad. I bowed out of this, too hot!! Debbie and I will hang out at home. We might run by my old house because my parents always like to know if anything has changed.

Monday we are heading for the beach for 4 days. We will leave for the airport from there. I'll post more pictures soon! Miss everyone!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

It's hot here as well, however we are not able to go swimming. Keep enjoying yourself!!

Dawn said...

No fishing? You're no fun. ;) J/K I'm glad you are having an awesome time! I think we should have gone there instead of NYC. That looks like a blast! I'm sure the time is going by way too quickly.

Amy said...

Jill,
I've heard it is hot, but stormy weather. Dennis just got a call that we don't have power and they are saying it won't come back on till Monday. Ouch!

Dawn,
I don't hate fishing, but I do dislike fishing when it feels like you are being fried by the sun. I'm not a nice person when I am burning hot:) Florida will have to be our next trip, family style!!! You guys would love this hotel.