Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Busch Gardens

It's been a few days since my last post, but we haven't done too much. On Saturday Dennis and the girls went fishing, while Debbie and I ran some errands. Sunday we attended Debbie & Bill's new church. It was interesting, the first half hour was songs and the next hour was baptism and testimonials, finally it ended with a sermon from a missionary from Chile, who spoke no English. He had an interpreter, who had a heavy accent, as well. Needless to say, I didn't catch a word of what he said:) After church, we went to eat at Sonny's Restaurant, it is the one restaurant that I have to eat at when we come down here. They have the BEST smoked pork. On Monday, we swam in the pool at Dennis' grandpa's mobile home park and then had a picnic there. It was a nice pool and fun!!

Finally, Busch Gardens!! We got to the park right as it opened, and hightailed it to the Rhino Rally ride. Debbie and Bill said it was one of the best rides. It is a fun safari ride through the safari where you are on land and float in the water. After this ride we went to the various other rides, Lauren's favorite ride was the kite zip-line ride in Jungala, Dennis' favorite was the Critter Castaway show, Emily's favorite ride was the Cheetah Chase, which is like the Mouse Trap ride at Michigan Adventure, and my favorite ride was the the Cheetah Chase, as well. We had a great time, it was still scorching hot, but we survived.



We left to go home one hour before the park closed, and went to eat at Olive Gardens. After we got back to the hotel, we went for a walk on the beach, with our glow sticks:) Everyone had glow sticks so they could be easily spotted.

Today, Dennis and Bill are deep sea fishing. Emily and Debbie are down at the beach, with Emily picking shells and building sand castles. Lauren was laying out at the pool. I've got to go, Emily just informed me that she built an AWESOME sand castle and wants me to come see it. I'll post a slide show later today or tonight of Busch Gardens. Tomorrow we come home, I miss my home:)

6 comments:

Julie said...

We miss 'our' Amy and look forward to seeing you soon.

No doubt your principal can't wait to share the news of why she was doing the dance of joy today. We danced with her since it is great news.

Sounds like a lot of fun in the sun though so it is good.

See you soon!

Amy said...

Julie,
What? You know I hate suspense!! Did we catch Cookie?

Dawn said...

Welcome home Bojo's. Thanks for the voicemail last night. I didn't hear my phone go off as we were at the game. Sorry I missed your call.

I can just imagine Julie & Gabbie doing their "dance of joy.";) Too bad we both missed it.

Julie said...

nah - good thing to miss: Gabbie and Julie doing the 'dance of joy'. Gabbie sharing great news about enrollment totals to date and receiving yet another telephone call about someone with 2 children possibly moving to Caro and looking for a Catholic School! Now lets all DANCE!!!
Ditto - welcome back Bojos. Hope to see you soon in person.

Jill said...

Sounds like everyone is having way to much fun.

See you soon Amy!

Dawn said...

Only 2 more days!! Ahhh!!