Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

What a great time of the year. Every year we get together with my sisters, their families, and our parents to visit the pumpkin patch. We get pumpkins, apples, and Halloween decorations. This year we headed over to our usual place, KC Apple Orchard in Freeland, only to find it had gone out of business. Yikes! So after much deliberations, we decided to go to Bayne's and then head over to Hemmeter's.

At Bayne's we played on the blow up jungle gym, got apples, drank apple juice and enjoyed looking around in the store. Lauren found a sweatshirt she wanted that said, "How do you like them apples?" She thought it was hilarious.

Anyways we headed over to Hemmeter's in search of pumpkins. Pumpkins we found! They had so many pumpkins, and they were resonably priced! The kids went crazy. Emily went for the biggest one she could ALMOST carry and Lauren went for the tallest one:) All the kids had a great time together! Emily even had fun dropping and spilling the 1/2 gallon of apple cider when she wasn't goofy around, or so she says!

Halloween Day was a long day! I didn't realize how draining it would be. I had my normal schedule in the morning, and then around 10:30 I started cooking lunch for my students. For the rest of the day, they watched a movie, made Halloween votive holders, and partied! I was exhausted! By the way, I won "Best Costume" for the entire school. The kids really enjoyed my costume and many times I would catch them looking at me and shaking their heads! It was fun!

Finally, after a school meeting, I made it home, got the girls ready, ate Subway with our neighbors, and met up with our friends, Jill and Tiffany, to go trick-or-treating. We all decided to go trick-or-treating up and down Adams Blvd. It isn't too far from us and we thought there would be more houses with lights on. We had a lot of fun! There were tons of people and many people that past by us began singing, "Oompa, Oompa, Oompa de do"! Ha, ha!

Below are pictures from the pumpkin patch and Halloween night! Enjoy!

This is a picture of my class and I.

Emily and her "just right" pumpkin!

Lauren and her "too tall" pumpkin.

Lauren & Emily posing in the pumpkin patch.

Lauren, Emily, Carter, Chloe, and Jaden posing with the pumpkins.

Lauren & Emily Halloween morning.

Emily harassing Tiffany and her horse because they are hogging her camera space:)

Lauren, Emily, Tiffany, Aidan, and Avery before going trick-or-treating.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Great pics! Loved Tiffany's cowgirl costume. That was too cool.

Your's really took the cake this year though. Very creative and absolutely hilarious. Oompa loompa doopity do...got that stuck in my head now.

Now on to the winter events! ;)

Julie said...

You DID have the best costume, I will attest, although I have to admit, there was a lot of creativity in costume design this year in school.
Tiff's costume - too much! Love it!
October is behind us, now to get ready for Thanksgiving! The season of busy-ness.

Amy said...

Dawn,
Thanks! Tiffany's costume was great and she took some heat from all of us about her big rear:)

Julie,
Thanks again! Everyone did do a super job on costumes, too. Andrew's was hilarous! I just got off the phone with Dawn and told her we need to start on the Christmas play!! Yeah!

Speaking of Christmas, everything I've bought so far for Emily for Christmas, she has mistakenly discovered it! That little, s**t!

I'm not sure if I should tell her about Santa, or give them to her from Lauren. If I do the Lauren gift, there will be alot!

Jill said...

Amy its so nice that you get together with your family to go to the pumpkin patch.
I loved Emily's stem and The shape on Lauren's Pumpkin.

Great picture of Emily and Tiffany. We Had a great time.

Amy said...

Thanks, Jill! Hemmeters had some great pumpkins, you should check it out next year. I think Emily's pumpkin only cost $4.50. We had fun!

Thanks for coming trick-or-treating with us! We had fun, too!