Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another One Bites The Dust...

What I was afraid would happen before the homecoming dance, has in fact happened, just two days after the dance. Lauren's boyfriend broke up with her on Tuesday.

Lauren and I were at a soccer game, of one of my students, when he broke the news to her over the phone. He hadn't really spoken to her Monday and Tuesday, so I think she was kinda expecting this. It still hurt, but hopefully she will get over him soon.

So, stay tuned for the next letter, as Dennis would say.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Awe poor Lauren, the trials and tribulations of being a teen. I don't look forward to raising teens someday.

Jill said...

The break ups are harder on us parents then they are on the children. We worry and then they are moving on before we know it.
Poor young lady!

I'm glad they made it through the dance.

Julie said...

I agree with the girls, it is harder on the parents in the long run. Unfortunately, if you don't share your heart, you won't find love. No doubt the search is on again and someday, she'll find Mr. Right.
And don't let anyone tell you it is easier to raise boys - they have hearts too.

Amy said...

Thanks girls for always being there for me. It helps to have friends to talk to about this, as it is the first time for me. I will be a pro by the time Emily becomes interested in boys.

This was the first breakup where I was worried about her and it was hard for me, all the other times I was mad at her and worried about the boys. I begin to care for these boys and then bam, she breaks up with them! Hopefully she learns a lesson from this:)

I worry about who Lauren will eventually end up with. I want her to find someone that treats her well and that she treats well.

Oh well, you can't predict the future! We'll see what the future brings.

Lisa said...

why is it so easy for a guy to break up over the phone? coward I guess..there are plenty of fish in the sea lauren...hang in there kiddo and the one you are looking for will come along..