Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I was going to title this entry "Happy Flipping Thanksgiving", but I didn't because I have so much to be thankful for, although at the minute I'm ticked!

I noticed in the Kmart ad a big ticket gift that my girls want (can't say because Lauren read this blog), and so I called and they had one left. I hurriedly dressed and got into my car. I noticed the open door light on and check mine and the driver's side sliding door, nope they were closed. Then I looked to the passenger's sliding door, yup it was cracked open. I put my key in and then noticed that the cord to my BRAND NEW, only 2 weeks old, GPS unit was missing. I store the actual unit in the storage bin between the two front seats. I opened it, although I already knew the answer, sure enough it was gone.

I couldn't run back into the house because I had to get to Kmart before the thing I wanted badly was sold, so I left and called Dennis. Maybe, just maybe he had taken it out to play with it. Nope, not so lucky, he didn't touch it, it was gone, stolen from the lady that continues to either leave her car unlocked or doors open! Aargh!

I even pushed the lock button on my remote before I went to bed last night. I didn't notice that Emily hadn't shut the door all the way, or that the seat belt had gotten stuck in the door!

So, it was nice having that GPS unit for one month! I've now begged the girls to make sure the car doors are shut and we won't be leaving anything valuable in the car anymore. Angela, my neighbor, is determined to stay up one night and purposely leave my car door open to catch these thieves with her bat:)

Oh, well, it was only a material good and I have my family, friends, and health to be thankful for! I just feel like such a fool! So, here I sit writing this, willing myself out of my bad mood! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I hope your day got better. Mine got worse. I slept through most of the visit to my sisters Thanksgiving Party. Then came home and slept till 9:55. I didn't even help my mom clean up. I'm sure none of my group helped either. What a great gal I am.

Dawn said...

Oh man, that stinks!!! What a big bummer. I'm kind of with Angela on wanting some vigilante justice. It just sucks that people think they can steal. Hope you had a good thanksgiving all and all though.

Jill - Sorry you had a rough day.

Julie said...

It is bad enough that someone broke into your van and take something that wasn't in plain sight but on the holidays?! We can only hope that they needed it more than you and can sleep with themselves at night because of what they did. Shame on them!
May the rest of your weekend be better.