Sunday, August 3, 2008

She Putts, She Pitches, I Drive

And so it went....Saturday Dennis and I golfed in my school's golf scramble. Dennis was on a team with our friends Joe and Mike, who we also play softball with. I was on a team with Dawn and Jill, their wives.


Dawn, Jill, and I played eighteen holes and soon discovered our respective talents, hence the title. After the first several holes, in which I couldn't hit the ball to save my life, and so Dawn replies, "either your great or your s**t", I became the driver. Most of my hits got "good air" as we would say and mostly stayed on course, except for those 3 trees I hit. Dawn was our pitcher, as she managed to get those close balls closest to the tee! Thank you, Dawn. Finally, we had our putter, Jill with some amazing putts. Great job, Jill!!

All in all, we had fun, encouraged each other, and came in last at 36 over par!! Not too bad for our first golf game, for two of us. I won't mention the jokes we played on each other, or should I? I'll let Dawn or Jill fill everyone in on these pranks. Make sure to check out their blogs for future posts.

The guys also had a great time, or so we heard. I'm told that Dennis and Joe lost many balls and were carried by Mike. These boys ended up at 8 over par. I think they paid more attention to the beer girls:)

Both of our teams received the prize for last place team, a case of toliet paper! Needless to say, we are now stocked up on toliet paper.

Dennis and I both look forward to playing in this scramble next year. It was alot of fun and raised money for a great cause, my school:)

7 comments:

Dawn said...

We had an awesome time! I can't wait to play again and I'm not even sore today. :)

Amy said...

You are the queen! I was sore today.

I had a great time, too! Can't wait to play again.

Jill said...

I've already told Julie to sign us up for next year.
What a great day! We will have to get some more practice in.

Lisa said...

looked like you guys were having a great time.

Lisa said...

BTW happy friendship day

Amy said...

That's great, Jill! We are definitely in.

I love the picture of the guys with Mike throwing his head back laughing.

Lisa, thanks and Happy Belated Friendship Day to you as well.

Julie said...

Great pictures and so glad you all had a great time. I know I did!! Perfect weather day, great bunch of people and GOOD fund raiser. Our best ever. Thank you for helping the cause and mark your calendar for AUGUST 1ST, 2009. See you there!