Saturday, June 27, 2009

Most Clumsiest

Well, I've gone and done it! I've always wondered how I managed to get to my current age without any broken bones, as I've always been so clumsy. I was even voted Most Clumsiest when I was a senior in high school.

This past Thursday, I was getting up off the couch to pick up Lauren at her friend's house when I slipped on the wood floors and rolled my ankle completely over. As I was going down, I heard a loud crack! I laid there with Emily and her friend Macy starring at me lying on the ground crying. Must of been a funny sight. I couldn't get up and after about 15 minutes I scooted my way to the couch.

I propped my foot up and managed to call my friend/neighbor Angela to come over. She took one look at me and told me to call the doctor. My foot was warm to the touch and there was the beginnings of a large golf ball size knot on my foot. Next, I called my mom to take me to RediMed, so Lauren could stay home with Emily and her friend.

My mom and I went to RediMed and they were really nice to me. I had x-rays done and they discovered that I had fractured the bone between my ankle and my toe bone. YAY! So now I have to keep it basically propped up for 1 week with no pressure on it. After that week then I'm supposed to use a special shoe to walk around in. The nurse practitioner says it should take 6 to 8 weeks to heal. Which is basically the whole summer, the rest of my time off! Yuck!

So for me, no more softball, no cleaning, no New York City(might have gone with my mom and dad), no nothing!! I'm praying that since it is only a fracture it will heal quickly and I will be able to do all the things that I want to do soon!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

My oh my, what a bummer! So sad you're out of commission for so long. It's putting a kink my summer too, we've already missed our golf day, softball, no Cedar Point again. How could you do this to me? Wah!

Hope you heal up soon and take it easy. Let us know if you need anything.

Unknown said...

Dawn,
I'm sorry!

Hopefully I am full of super healing powers and will be good to go in a couple of weeks. Then we can resume our summer plans: golf, softball, Cedar Point, tubing, etc!!

Send me those super healing vibes!

Julie said...

One can only wonder if the powers to be were trying to tell you something Amy. You need to slow down and smell the roses as you go through life and not at 65 mph! Enjoy a good book, chick flick DVD, take up a new craft (Knitting) - a little Amy time.

Unknown said...

The powers that be can shove it! This sitting around is for the birds!! I think I would become severely depressed and crabby if I had to do this forever.

I cherish me time, but being forced to have so much me time is grating on my nerves.

Plus Lauren is very helpful, but I can sense she isn't happy about it, which in turn make me feel so guilty.

Hopefully my foot heals quickly and good so this is over soon!

Dawn said...

"The powers that be can shove it!" LOL We need to get you a wheelchair and go to Somerset or something. That will perk you up. We'll chat.

Unknown said...

What a brat I am, huh! Last night during my prayers, the "powers that be" and I came to an understanding.:)

I'm gonna work harder on enjoying this time and stop complaining.

Jill said...

You guys are to funny.
Amy this just makes me have to slow down and come visit.
I hope you heal fast.