Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dance Recital Rehersal 2009

Yesterday, was Lauren and Emily dance recital rehearsal. They've been working hard all year and now they finally get to show us what they've been doing. Both girls like dance, but Emily is more into it than Lauren. She tried out for the Extreme Team again and we won't find out if she made it for a couple more weeks. The team is a more intensive program than the regular dance classes.

Anyways, yesterday we had to be at the rehearsal at 2pm sharp and I had to pick up Emily's babysitter, Alex, and Lauren's boyfriend, Jared, who couldn't come to the recital so he came to the rehearsal. Both the babysitter and boyfriend live out past Reese, so we left home at 11am to run out to my classroom, first, and then left to pick everyone up. We arrived at the Temple Theatre around 1:30pm and got everyone situated for the rehearsal, which lasted until 7pm! We were there for a long time, getting Emily ready for all her dances and once she was done with them and Lauren was done with her dance, then we could leave, so we actually left and they had more dances to go.

Afterwards, we headed to Fuzzy's for supper and ice cream! Yum, Yum! Then we took both Alex and Jared back out to my school, where they were being picked up by Alex's mom. We all had a nice time and Alex and Jared didn't seem too bored/disturbed by the length of the rehearsal:) So, tonight we have the real deal, the recital! I'm excited because my good friend, Dawn, is coming and I'm glad! Below are pictures of the girls at the rehearsal and then tomorrow I will post a few pictures from the recital. Enjoy!!










13 comments:

Dawn said...

Great pictures! I just love the costumes and am excited to see the show. It's going to be a busy Saturday.

Julie said...

What a busy day leading up to the main event. Good luck girls!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Julie and Dawn!

I'm excited for you to see the show too, Dawn! I hope that we are able to make it out to Taylor's party afterwards!

Jill said...

I love the pictures of both girls. They are so beautiful.

Sorry we closed up early, we were so tired.

Jill said...

I hope you are feeling better?!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jill!

I bet you were exhausted, only wish that we could have made it! We'll make the next one:)

Migraine gone, literally:0 Left for Detroit for 3 days!! I need a break!

Dawn said...

haha on your Migraine leaving for Detroit. I asked the Migraine if it was the khaki pants that caused it and he chuckled and blamed it on AF. Who knows. ;) Glad you are feeling better.

P.S. I really enjoyed the recital.

Unknown said...

I'm sure he wouldn't ever think that he does anything wrong;) Did you forget that he is perfect?

Feeling really good today, as I workout at the Y! Yay, me!!


BTW - what is AF?

I'm glad you liked the recital. It is long and somewhat boring, but there are some good ones in between all the repetitiveness of it.

Dawn said...

haha Amy! Perfect husband?? Does the species even exist?

Great job on your Y workout! I went running last night and made it 1 1/2 miles before my heart started going funky. Another thyroid issue I'm afraid. :(

AF = Aunt Flo ~ no fun.

And the recital was long but good. They kept it moving quickly and the performances were generally short. Reese will have these 10 minute "masterpieces" and you're just like "enough already" after about 5 minutes of one dance.

Unknown said...

I've never used the Aunt F. term, although many others have. That is Dennis' #1 excuse whenever I start complaining!

You hear back from the doctor's yet about your blood work? You should call them! Good job though, on the running!

Dawn said...

Ugh Men! They just don't get it sometimes.

Anyhoo, no I haven't called my doc to get my blood work results. I will try to remember to do so today. No heart flutters at hockey last night so the running was probably just a little too strenuous for me. You going to the Y today?

P.S. We went to NYC a year ago today. So awesome.

Unknown said...

I'm gonna keep pestering you about the doc, one of my good traits:)

I'm gonna go to the Y today, just only do cardio. My muscles are aching, as I didn't change the weights from what I had them built up to 3 months ago, so they need a rest;)

Hard to believe that NYC was a year ago! That was so much fun, we'll have to do it again in a couple years!

Dawn said...

So you don't have to pester me anymore. My blood work TSH & T4 both came back 100% normal! Weird! I have not been what you'd call normal since this thyroid battle begin in 2006. Guess I need to start playing Brain Age or something because it appears that I am just getting old. ;)

How are your workouts coming? I'm heading out for a brisk walk up to school to get the boys.