Monday, May 4, 2009

My Dancing Queen:)

Below I've posted a slide show of Emily's dance competition that was held at Walled Lake High School in Novi this past weekend. We drove down Saturday morning and arrived with plenty of time to get ready for the first dance. The teachers are VERY specific about how the girls dress, do their makeup, and fix their hair. So, needless to say, I was nervous, as I've never done this before. I didn't know if I could get her hair and makeup right! Talk about stress! After much help from all the moms, Emily was dressed and ready to go by 9am. Her first dance was at 11 am and then her second dance wasn't until 8:42 pm. Long time in between, but what could we do?

I have to add too, that Emily's Cruella dance won the following: 1st place, Gold medal, Best Costume, and Simply Irresistible! We couldn't have been more proud. She walked off the stage and met up with me. The first words out of her mouth were, "that was so much fun, Mom!" "We got the crowd going, too!" I could've cried because she was so happy about performing! I thought she would be nervous, but no, not Emily:)

Her next competition is May 15-17 in Detroit, so hopefully they do well there too!

5 comments:

Julie said...

WOW! Your little girl is a beautiful young dancer. Quite the make up job mom. Well done, not over done. Congrats! Emily and dance team. Good luck at your next competition later this month.

Dawn said...

She looks so gorgeous! Congrats to Emily and her dance team on a job well done. I can't wait to see her dance sometime.

Amy said...

Thanks, Julie and Dawn!

I will accept the kudos for the makeup, it was quite stressful putting those eyelashes on! Talk about fun, I had her eye lids glued together when I was done. She couldn't even open her eyes:) She wasn't too happy with me. We eventually got it figured out, but it was a process.

I would love for you guys to come watch her dance, sometime.

Jill said...

Oh my! I do miss dancing!

She is so beautiful! I'm glad Emily did so well and had fun.

Amy said...

Thanks, Jill! You'll have to come sometime to watch her dance:)