Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Bar Not the Freezer

Another Emily funny:) This past week after picking up a bunch of canned vegetables at Krogers, they were on sale and everyone knows that I like sales. Anyways, I asked Emily to put them away in the bar (downstairs we have a bar setup which we use for food storage). I didn't think any more about it until last night.

I asked Lauren to put some meat in the freezer for me. After putting the meat in the freezer, she ran back upstairs and said to me quizzically, "Mom, did you put canned vegetables in the freezer?" I said, "No, why?" and she answered, "because there are a bunch of canned vegetables in the freezer." It dawned on me then, oh, Emily. Lauren and I went downstairs and I called Dennis and Emily downstairs. After they met us downstairs, I opened the freezer and said, "who did this?" We all started laughing, and Emily said, "Oh, I thought you told me to put them in the freezer." Needless to say, we now have a bunch of canned vegetables that have been frozen. It will be interesting to see if they are still good once they are defrosted!

Anyways, today we got up early and drove to East Tawas for our volleyball games. I help coach our school's volleyball teams. It was a long drive, but we got there early, so we had lunch before the games. The 5th and 6th grade team played 2 games and they won both. They are still undefeated. Yeah!!! The 7th and 8th grade team unfortunately lost their game and have now lost 2 games, which is still good. I find myself getting so involved in these games. They are so intense for me and I love watching them play. I never played volleyball in high school, but I am really enjoying helping to coach these girls and boys!

Dennis and I just finished watching the movie, The Number 23, which was a weird movie. I don't think I would recommend it. Now we are watching, The Departed, the jury is still out on this one for me, lots of swearing:)

Emily, just ran in here to announce in her "younger sister" voice, that Lauren's new boyfriend is a sophomore. Lauren is yelling at her from the other room, So, we'll see. Boyfriend number one has already asked her to be his girlfriend again, she said, "No." If I had my way, I would've said, "Yes." I can't help that I like him.

Well, gotta go, Dennis is giving me the eyes(making sure I am watching his movie, since he watched mine). ~Amy

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for holding down the volleyball fort today! Bummer about the 7th/8th! Hopefully we can turn it around.

I hope your frozen vegetables are ok. Not sure about freezing cans.

You ready for Hartley?

Lisa said...

I think the veggies will be okay. I woulg get them used up though. Congrats to the volleyball teams. They are both doing great.

Jill said...

Amy how many cans were in the freezer? I have a can problem. I think anything in a can that changes in temp, shares a part of the can with the content of what is in the can. *(Just me) My dad would have the kids cook a can over the fire and store it in the frig for later. YUCK! Hope the movie was good:)

Amy said...

Dawn,
Holding down the volleyball fort pooped me out! I don't know if it was the exertion or the intensity I felt watching them play and wanting them to win:)

I am ready for Hartley, we had a lot of fun last year. We will miss everyone, although I know it will be quieter at school:)

Lisa,
I'm kind of leery about the veggies. It will be an open and see:)

Thanks for the congrats! These girls and boys are such great players and it is so much fun watching them play and win, of course!

Amy said...

Jill,
There were 7 cans in the freezer, that is 2 wasted dollars:)!!! I worry about them being frozen in a can, so it will be an experiment I do on Dennis:) He has a stronger stomach than I do.

I like your dad's idea! Today, I don't think a fire would last outside, though.

The Departed, Dennis' movie, actually turned out to be a good movie. It had those crooked cops and all. I had to keep asking Dennis, now is he bad:) I don't follow those movies with crooked cops as well.

Patty said...

Love frozen veggies - just not sure about frozen canned veggies ;)

Amy said...

Patty,
Hey!! Is that your wedding picture? Looks great!! BTW - I threw away all the vegetables!

Jill said...

Thank god!! I was worried you would be sick!!