Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy early Anniversary to us!

Dennis and I will celebrate 16 years of marriage in 27 days, which I consider an amazing feat, considering how difficult marriage can be! I look forward to many more years together.

Anyways, we, or more correctly I, decided that for our anniversary we would do something together as a family. So, I bought tickets for all of us to see the Harlem Globetrotters:) I remember as a kid going and I loved it! So, I bought tickets that were right down on the floor so we would have great seats!

This past Thursday, we went out to eat at Applebees and then headed to the show. We got there alittle early, as Dennis wouldn't have it any other way:) Before the game started we ran into one of the teachers that I work with and her son, as well as several of my students! We even sat 4 seat down from one of my 5th graders! His grandpa asked if he could get an A for being there:) I said sure, if he writes a paper about teamwork and basketball. That didn't fly with my student. Most kids now-a-days detest writing!

All I can say is that everyone needs to see them at least once in their life! It is such a great family show and fun time! We didn't stop laughing all night. They are just so comical with the basketball and each other! I loved it and the girls had a blast, even though neither of them much care for basketball!

At one point, the coach from the Washington Generals, the team the Globetrotters play, started messing with Lauren calling her the "Princess of Booing"! We were booing for the Generals, as they were cheating to try to win the game. The show lasted about 2 hours and then they had an autograph session afterwards. We bought the girls a program, basketball, and lanyard, so they had all the players autograph there things. I was able to get some pictures as well!




7 comments:

Julie said...

It really did sound like a fun event for the whole family. I hate to say it though, the players really make you look short Amy!
Happy Anniversary Dennis and Amy! Celebrate the joys you have experienced and look forward to many more in the years to come.

Amy said...

Thanks, Julie! We did have a super time! I do look short and fat in that picture, but oh well:)

Dawn said...

Happy Anniversary!! 16 years is definitely a feat these days. Hopefully you'll be happily married for 64 more! That is (16x4 for you ELA majors) ;) You want to be centenarians together right?

The pictures were great and Julie's right, those guys make you look super short. hehe.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Dawn! I too hope that Dennis and I live a long life together. As much as he drives me nuts, he is my everything:)

Thanks for the short comment too, like I didn't already know that:)

Jill said...

I have never been to see the Harlem Globetrotters. I may have to add that to my list of thing I must see.
It looks like you had a great time.

I thought the guy with Lauren made Lauren look short.

To many more years!!

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary and many more to you!! Yes it can be hard but oh so worth it!!!

Amy said...

Jill, You guys would love this show! It is a night filled with laughter! Do go sometimes!

Funny thing about the guy Lauren was standing with, his name on his shirt was Tiny. He was standing right in front of us and Emily points to him laughing and I'm like, "What?" She says, "Mom, that is the tallest guy on the team and his name is Tiny!" Thank God I have Emily to point these things out to me;)

Lisa,
Thanks for the congrats! We have been through so much and yet it is always worth it! BUT, right now I want to strangle him, I'm as sick as a dog and guess what he does - NOTHING! He runs the other way. I hadn't asked anything of him, yet two nights ago my back was killing me and I asked if he would rub it. Guess what he said as I'm sitting there shivering because of a 102 degree temperature - no, I don't feel like it! I thought you jerk! Each day that I get better, he is nicer to me, must be that sickness scares him or something! Gabbie says it is because he is an only child, which makes sense! Why people have only one child escapes me?